Foreword (Steven J.Taylor).
Introduction (Gwynnyth Llewellyn, Rannveig Traustadottir, David McConnell, and Hanna Björg Sigurjónsdottir).
PART I FAMILY AND COMMUNITY LIFE
1. Becoming a Mother – Becoming a Father (Rachel Mayes and Hanna Bjorg Sigurjönsdóttir).
2. Looking Back on Their Own Upbringing (Gwynnyth Llewellyn and David McConnell).
3. Family Within a Family (Hanna Bjorg Sigurjönsdóttir and Rannveig Traustadottir).
4. Children and Their Life Experiences (Jytte Faureholm).
5. Understanding Community in the Lives of Parents with Intellectual Disabilities (Gwynnyth Llewellyn and Marie Gustavsson).
6. Citizenship and Community Participation (Brigit Mirfin-Veitch).
7. Parenting and Resistance: Strategies in Dealing with Services and Professionals (Rannveig Traustadóttir and Hanna Björg Sigurjónsdottir).
PART II HUMAN SERVICES ENABLING AND DISABLING PARENTS WITH INTELLECTUAL DISABILITIES
8. Parenting Education Programs (Maurice Feldman).
9. Supported Decision Making forWomen with Intellectual Disabilities (Sue McGaw and Sue Candy).
10. Turning Policy Into Practice (Beth Tarleton).
11. Caught in the Child Protection Net (David McConnell and Hanna Björg Sigurjónsdottir).
12. Turning Rights into Realities in Quebec, Canada (Marjorie Aunos, Laura Pacheco, and Katherine Moxness).
13. Supporting Mothers’ Community Participation (David McConnell and Gwynnyth Llewellyn).
14. Advocacy for Change: “The Final Tool in the Toolbox?” (Linda Ward and Beth Tarleton).
Conclusion: Taking Stock and Looking to the Future (David McConnell, Gwynnyth Llewellyn, Rannveig Traustadóttir and Hanna Björg Sigurjónsdottir).
""Parents With Intellectual Disabilities: Past, Present and Futures is thought provoking worth reading for those working with families with intellectual disabilities."" (PsycCRITIQUES, February 2011)