Part I: The Ways of Coaching.
Introduction; the Paths Towards Coaching.
1. From Intake to Intervention : The Outlines of a Profession.
2. From Sigma to Status: The Growth of a Profession.
3. From Prize-fighting to Prizes for All: The Active Ingredients.
4. From Intervention to Interaction: Relational Coaching.
Part II: The Ways of Research.
Introduction: The Paths Towards Research.
5. Coachees Have Their Say: Which Interventions Work for Us?
6. 'I Doubt Therefore I Coach': Critical Moments of Less Experienced Coaches.
7. 'I Struggle and Emerge': Critical Moments of Experienced Coaches.
8. Coaches Have Their Say: How to Handle Critical Moments?
Part III: The Ways of Excellence.
Introduction: the Paths Towards Excellence.
9. Training and Accreditation of the Executive Coach.
10. Continuing Professional Development of the Executive Coach.
11. Library of the Executive Coach.
12. Future of the Executive Coach.
Appendix A: 80 Critical moments of New Coaches.
Appendix B: 78 Critical Moments of Experienced Coaches.
Appendix C. Case Study : Tamara.
Appendix D: Verbatim Transcript: Ken.
Appendix E: Code of Conduct for Executive Coaches.
Appendix F: Intake Instruments and Checklists.