Anaesthetic and Sedative Techniques for Aquatic Animals, 3rd Edition
DescriptionThe second edition of Anaesthetic and Sedative Techniques for Aquatic Animals provided the fisheries and aquaculture industry with vital information on the use of sedation and anaesthetics in the avoidance of stress and physical damage, which can easily be caused by crowding, capture, handling, transportation and release.
Now fully revised and expanded, the third edition has maintained its accessible format and incorporates much new emphasis on:
• Fish pain and welfare: a rapidly developing area of interest and debate
• Anaesthesia and legislation: with an international perspective
Personnel involved in the aquaculture industry including fish farmers, fish veterinarians, fisheries scientists and fish biologists along with small animal veterinarians, animal laboratory managers and government and regulatory personnel will find this book a valuable and practical resource.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: Anaesthetic and Sedative Techniques for Aquatic Animals, 3rd Edition
Fish Welfare (Hardcover £178.00)
2. Defining stress in aquatic animals.
3. Pain in aquatic animals.
4. The nature of anaesthesia, sedation and analgesia.
5. The features of anaesthetic agents and their legal use.
6. Anaesthesia and Legislation.
7. Factors affecting the response of aquatic ectotherms to anaesthesia.
8. Anaesthesia of fish. I. Inhalation anaesthesia.
9. Anaesthesia of fish. II. Inhalation anaesthesia using gases.
10. Anaesthesia of fish. III. Parenteral and oral anaesthesia.
11. Anaesthesia of fish. IV. Non chemical methods.
12. Anaesthesia of Aquatic Invertebrates.
13. Anaesthesia of Amphibians and Reptiles.
14. Transportation and anaesthesia.
15. Concluding remarks
- Comprehensively updated to reflect new emphasis on fish pain and welfare
- International perspective including detailed coverage of developments in legislation
- Detailed data on chemical nomenclature and structure of all featured anaesthetic drugs