Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: Biophysics: An Introduction
Introduction to Nanotechnology (Hardcover £122.00)
2. Chemical Binding.
3. Energies, Forces and Bonds.
4. Rates of Reaction.
5. Transport Processes.
6. Some Techniques and Methods.
7. Biological Polymers.
8. Biological Membranes.
9. Biological Energy.
10. Movement of Organisms.
11. Excitable Membranes.
12. Nerve Signals.
14. Control of Movement.
Appendix A: Elements of Quantum Mechanics.
Appendix B: The Hydrogen Atom.
Appendix C: Thermal Motion.
Appendix D: Probability Distributions.
Appendix E: Differential Equations.
"...essential reading for anyone putting a biophysics course together...the book brings together essential material usually omitted from the undergraduate physics curriculum..." (American Journal of Physics, November 2003)
- Carefully structured introduction to biophysics and medical physics
- Based on an undergraduate course the author has been teaching for many years
- Combines coverage of the basic concepts and ideas along with the more cutting edge developments, including: biopolymers, protein folding, DNA/RNA conformations, molecular motors and optical tweezers
- Assumes little biological or medical knowedge