List of Contributors.
PART I: NATURE AND CONSEQUENCES OF RUMINATION.
1. Nature, Functions, and Beliefs about Depressive Rumination (Costas Papageorgiou and Adrian Wells).
2. The Consequences of Dysphoric Rumination (Sonja Lyubomirsky and Chris Tkach).
3. Reactive Rumination: Outcomes, Mechanisms, and Developmental Antecedents (Jelena Spasojevic, Lauren B. Alloy, Lyn Y. Abramson, Donal MacCoon, and Matthew S. Robinson).
4. Mental Control and Depressive Rumination (Richard M. Wenzlaff).
5. Physiological Aspects of Depressive Rumination (Greg J. Siegle and Julian F. Thayer).
PART II: THEORIES OF RUMINATION.
6. The Response Styles Theory (Susan Nolen-Hoeksema).
7. Rumination, Depression, and Metacognition: The S-REF Model (Gerald Matthews and Adrian Wells).
8. Rumination as a Function of Goal Progress, Stop-Rules, and Cerebral Lateralization (Leonard L. Martin, Ilan Shrira and Helen M. Startup).
9. A Comparison and Appraisal of Theories of Rumination (Melissa A. Brotman and Robert J. DeRubeis).
PART III: MEASUREMENT AND TREATMENT OF RUMINATION.
10. Measurement of Depressive Rumination and Associated Constructs (Olivier Luminet).
11. Psychological Treatment of Rumination (Christine Purdon).
12. Cognitive Therapy for Depressive Thinking (Dean McMillan and Peter Fisher).
13. Metacognitive Therapy for Depressive Rumination (Adrian Wells and Costas Papageorgiou).