Vol 42(4 Issues in 2018 ) Print ISSN: 0361-3666 Online ISSN: 1467-7717 Impact Factor: 1.596
Disasters is a major, peer-reviewed quarterly journal reporting on all aspects of disaster studies, policy and management. It provides a forum for academics, policymakers and practitioners to publish high-quality research and practice concerning natural catastrophes, anthropogenic disasters, complex political emergencies and protracted crises around the world. The journal promotes the interchange of ideas and experience, maintaining a balance between field reports, case study articles of general interest and academic papers.
- Is the leading journal in the field of complex emergencies and natural disasters
- Influences disaster prevention, mitigation and response policies and practices
- Adopts a world-wide geographical perspective
- Contains a mix of academic papers and field studies
- Promotes the interchange of ideas between practitioners, policy-makers and academics.
Disasters is published for the Overseas Development Institute (ODI) by Wiley-Blackwell. Founded in 1960, The ODI is an independent research institute and a forum for discussion of the problems facing developing countries. The journal is managed by the Humanitarian Policy Group (HPG) at the ODI. This is one of the largest teams of independent policy researchers in Europe dedicated to improving humanitarian policy and practice in response to conflict, instability and disasters. Over the past five years HPG has demonstrated its ability in both anticipating and responding to the emerging humanitarian policy agenda, and to provide a critical link between academics, policy-makers and field practitioners.