1. An Introduction to Measuring Things.
2. Variance and More.
3. Probability, Power and Error.
4. First Steps in Inferential Testing.
5. Analysis of Variance.
6. Correlation and Regression.
7. Factor Analysis.
8. Goodness of Fit and Chi-Squared.
9. Non-parametric Tests.
10. Rarely Used Tests in the Seedy Underbelly of Statistics.
- A short, readable volume on psychological statistics, written exclusively for those experiencing statistics in psychology for the first time
- Focuses on the practicalities of statistics in psychology rather than just the numbers and formulae, helping students understand the ideas behind the statistics
- Covers the main tests and concepts relevant to the undergraduate student, and is packed with useful analogies
- Includes a helpful section on the uses and abuses of statistics, outlining when the specific tests can be used and when they should not
- Written by the author of Your Undergraduate Psychology Project: A BPS Guide (Blackwell, 2004)