Preface to the First Edition.
Part I The Industry.
1. What Fine Chemicals Are.
2. The Fine Chemical Industry.
5. Facilities and Plants.
6. Research and Development.
7. Cost Calculation.
8. Management Aspects.
Part II The Business.
9. Market Size and Structure.
10. The Business Condition.
11. Customer Base.
Part III Outlook.
13. General Trends and Growth Drivers.
16. Ethical Pharmaceutical Industry.
18. Other Life Science Industries.
19. Contract Research Organizations.
20. Conclusion: Who is Fittest for the Future?
A.1 Information Sources/Life Sciences.
A.2 Checklist for New Product Evaluation.
A.3 Product Schedule, Custom Manufacturing Product.
A.4 Company Scorecard.
A.5 Job Description for Business Development Manager.
A.6 Checklist for the Selection of Outsourcing Partners.
A.7 Checklist for the Manufacture of Nonregulated (or Basic GMP) Fine Chemicals.
A.8 Checklist for Customer Visit.
A.9 Outline for a Company Presentation.
A.10 Overseas Expansion of Indian Pharm and Fine Chemical Companies.
A.11 Asian Expansion of Western Fine Chemical Companies.
"I would recommend it to anyone working with or within the fine chemicals industry." (Chemistry & Industry, 5 December 2011)