Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: House and Philosophy: Everybody Lies
Mad Men and Philosophy: Nothing Is as It Seems (Paperback £15.50)
"Read Less, More TV: A Cranky, Slightly Rude Introduction".
I. "HUMANITY IS OVERRATED." HOUSE ON LIFE.
1. Selfish, Base Animals Crawling Across the Earth: House and the Meaning of Life (Henry Jacoby).
2. House and Sartre: "Hell is Other People" (Jennifer L. McMahon).
3. Is There a Superman in the House? A Nietzchean Point of View (David Goldblatt).
4. House and Moral Luck (Jane Dryden).
II. "WELCOME TO THE END OF THE THOUGHT PROCESS." HOUSE’S LOGIC AND METHOD.
5. The Logic of Guesswork in Sherlock Holmes and House, M.D. (Jerold J. Abrams).
6. It Explains Everything (Barbara Anne Stock)!
7. The Sound of One House Clapping: Rude Diagnostician as Zen Rhetorician (Jeffrey C. Ruff and Jeremy Barris).
8. "Being nice is overrated": House and Socrates on the Necessity of Conflict (Melanie Frappier).
9. Is There a Daoist in the House (Peter Vernezze)?
III. "IT IS THE NATURE OF MEDICINE THAT YOU ARE GOING TO SCREW UP." HOUSE AND ETHICAL PRINCIPLES.
10. "You care for everybody": Cameron’s Ethics of Care (Renee Kyle).
11. To Intubate or not to Intubate: House’s Principles and Priorities (Barbara Anne Stock and Teresa Blankmeyer Burke).
12. House, M.D., and Medical Paternalism: "You can’t always get what you want." (Mark R. Wicclair).
13. If the End Doesn’t Justify the Means, Then What Does (Catherine Sartin)?
14. House vs. Tritter: On the Clash of Theoretical and Practical Authority (Kenneth Ehrenberg).
IV. "THE DRUGS DON’T MAKE ME HIGH, THEY MAKE ME NEUTRAL." VIRTUES AND CHARACTER ON HOUSE.
15. House and the Virtue of Eccentricity (John R. Fitzpatrick).
16. Love: The Only Risk House Can’t Take (Sara Protasi).
17. A Prescription for Friendship (Sara Waller).
18. Diagnosing Character: A House Divided (Heather Battaly and Amy Coplan)?
Contributors: Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital Staff.