Meta-analysis in Medical Research: The handbook for the understanding and practice of meta-analysis
How to plan a meta-analysis.
Bias in the meta-analytical approach.
How to read, evaluate and present a meta-analysis.
How to use the program.
The book is accompanied by a CD-ROM containing a software program called 'Metanalysis' which allows the user to undertake meta-analysis themselves and produce statistical plots in a format compatible with Microsoft PowerPoint.
...People wanting to use an easy program for meta-analysis or to revise the methods of meta-analysis could consider buying this book."
- Royal Statistical Society, Series A, Vol 168(4) Oct 05.
"This is a concise and easy-to-read book written by a clinician so it takes into account problems faced by non-statisticians when dealing with tools such as meta-analysis...I would recommend it to all statisticians or clinicians who aspire to be/are involved in clinical research. In addition, it will be a useful book for any health sciences library."
- Journal of Applied Statistics, Vol. 33, No. 6, Jul 06
"The main selling point has to be the meta-analysis program supplied on CD...
...The program itself is easy to install and run...
...Recommend this handbook to those wanting a quick entry into the world of meta-analysis."
- gut.bmj.com, Jun 07.
- Practical manual & accompanying computer programme to perform statistical analyses
- User-friendly software package for cumulative meta-analysis – easier to use with increased functionality
- Spiral bound for ease of use
- Ability to import graphics into Word, PowerPoint