Notes on Contributors.
Introduction (Adam Coutts and Varun Uberoi).
1. Options for Britain: Measuring and Managing Public Services Performance (Christopher Hood).
2. The Future of the State (Matthew Flinders).
3. Social Justice and Inequality in the UK: Eradicating Child Poverty? (Peter Kenway).
4. Social Mobility: Concepts, Measures and Policies (Jo Blanden).
5. The Tax System under Labour (Paul Johnson).
6. Regulation, Equality and the Public Interest (Shamit Saggar).
7. Gender Analysis of Transfer Policies: Unpicking the Household (Fran Bennett).
8. Options and the Lack of Options: Healthcare Politics and Policy (Scott L. Greer).
9. Entrepreneurship and Innovation Policy: Retrospect and Prospect (Alan Hughes).
10. Information Exchange between Government and Citizens (Helen Margetts).
11. Options for Britain: Europe (Patrick Diamond and Roger Liddle).
12. Global Poverty and Inequality: A Brief Retrospective and Prospective Analysis (Michael Woolcock).