2. Basic Distribution Theory.
3. Expected Values and Moments.
4. Bounds and Approximations for Moments of Order Statistics.
5. The NON-IID Case.
6. Further Distribution Theory.
7. Order Statistics in Nonparametric Inference.
8. Order Statistics in Parametric Inference.
9. Short-Cut Procedures.
10. Asymptotic Theory.
11. Asymptotic Results for Functions of Order Statistics.
Appendix: Guide to Tables and Algorithms.
"This book will be a useful addition to the library of any statistician. It is also a useful guide for students whose interest involves order statistics." (Technometrics, August 2004, Vol. 46, No. 3)
"…continues to be both the textbook and guide to the research literature…the authors present in detail an up-to-date account of…the basic results of the subject of order statistics." (Mathematical Reviews, 2004f)
“...an up-to-date account of the basic results of the subject...” (Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, Vol. LXII, No. 1, March 2004)