1. Presentation of the Portfolio Management Environment.
1.1 The different categories of assets.
1.2 Definition of portfolio management.
1.3 Organisation of portfolio management and description of the investment management process.
1.4 Performance analysis and market efficiency.
1.5 Performance analysis and the AIMR standards.
1.6 International investment: additional elements to be taken into account.
2. The Basic Performance Analysis Concepts.
2.1 Return calculation.
2.2 Calculating relative return.
2.3 Definition of risk.
2.4 Estimation of parameters.
3.2 The Markowitz model.
3.3 Efficient frontier calculation algorithm.
3.4 Simplified portfolio modelling methods.
3.5 Conclusion .
4. The Capital Asset Pricing Model and its Application to Performance Measurement.
4.1 The CAPM.
4.2 Applying the CAPM to performance measurement: single-index performance measurement indicators.
4.3 Evaluating the management strategy with the help of models derived from the CAPM: timing analysis.
4.4 Measuring the performance of internationally diversified portfolios: extensions to the CAPM.
4.5 The limitations of the CAPM.
5. Developments in the Field of Performance Measurement.
5.1 Heteroskedastic models.
5.2 Performance measurement method using a conditional beta.
5.3 Performance analysis methods that are not dependent on the market model .
6. Multi-factor Models and their Application to Performance Measurement.
6.1 Presentation of the multi-factor models.
6.2 Choosing the factors and estimating the model parameters.
6.3 Extending the models to the international arena.
6.4 Applying multi-factor models.
6.5 Summary and conclusion.
7. Evaluating the Investment Management Process and Decomposing Performance.
7.1 The steps in constructing a portfolio.
7.2 Performance decomposition and analysis.
8. Fixed Income Security Investment.
8.1 Modelling yield curves: the term structure of interest rates.
8.2 Managing bond portfolio.
8.3 Performance analysis for fixed income security investment.