Recreational Hunting, Conservation and Rural Livelihoods: Science and Practice
Part 1 Conservation and Hunting.
1. Conservation and hunting: friends or foes? N. Leader-Williams.
2. An overview of recreational hunting in North America, Europe and Australia Robin Sharp and Kai Wollscheid.
3. Recreational fisheries: socio-economic importance, conservation issues and management challenges Robert Arlinghaus and Steven J. Cooke.
4. The ethics of recreational hunting Barney Dickson.
Part 2 Science.
5. The science of sustainable hunting E.J.Milner-Gulland, Nils Bunnefeld and Gil Proaktor.
6. Guns, sheep and genes: when and why trophy hunting may be a selective pressure Marco Festa-Bianchet and Ray Lee.
7. Science and the recreational hunting of lions Andrew Loveridge, Craig Packer and Adam Dutton.
Part 3 Livelihoods.
8. Sportsman’s shot, poacher’s pot: hunting, local people and the history of conservation William M. Adams.
9. Exploitation prevents extinction: Case study of endangered Himalayan sheep and goats Michael R. Frisina & Sardar Naseer A. Tareen.
10. Community benefits from safari hunting and related activities in southern Africa Brian T.B. Jones.
Part 4 Policy and Practice.
11. Conservation values from falconry Robert E. Kenward.
12. Gamebird science, agricultural policy and biodiversity conservation in lowland UK Nicholas J. Aebischer.
13. The re-introduction of recreational hunting in Uganda Richard H. Lamprey and Arthur Mugisha.
14. Does recreational hunting conflict with photo-tourism? Richard Davies, Kas Hamman and Hector Magome.
Part 5 Governance.
15. When does hunting contribute to conservation & rural development? Bill Wall and Brian Child.
16. Recreational hunting and sustainable wildlife use in North America Shane Patrick Mahoney.
17. The development of a recreational hunting industry and its relationship with conservation in southern Africa Vernon R. Booth and David H.M. Cumming.
18. The influence of corruption on the conduct of recreational hunting N. Leader-Williams, R.D. Baldus and R.J. Smith.
Part 6 Regulation and Certification.
19. Regulation and recreational hunting Alison M. Rosser.
20. The application of certification to hunting: a case for simplicity Brian Child and Bill Wall.
21. Conservation, Livelihoods and Recreational Hunting: Issues and Strategies William M Adams, Barney Dickson, Holly Dublin and Jon Hutton.