1. Long-term Care: A Suitable Case for Social Insurance (Nicholas Barr).
2. The Long Road to Universalism? Recent Developments in the Financing of Long-term Care in England (Adelina Comas-Herrera, Raphael Wittenberg and Linda Pickard).
3. Reforming Long-term Care Policy in France: Private–Public Complementarities (Blanche Le Bihan and Claude Martin).
4. Sustainability of Comprehensive Universal Long-term Care Insurance in the Netherlands (Frederik T. Schut and Bernard van den Berg).
5. Social Insurance for Long-Term Care: An Evaluation of the German Model (Heinz Rothgang).
6. Long-term Care in Central and South-Eastern Europe: Challenges and Perspectives in Addressing a ‘New’ Social Risk (August Österle).
7. Devolution, Diversity and Welfare Reform: Long-term Care in the ‘Latin Rim’ (Joan Costa-Font).
8. One Uniform Welfare State or a Multitude of Welfare Municipalities? The Evolution of Local Variation in Swedish Elder Care (Gun-Britt Trydegård and Mats Thorslund).
9. Reforming Long-term Care in Portugal: Dealing with the Multidimensional Character of Quality (Silvina Santana).