Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: Soil Erosion and Conservation, 3rd Edition
Soil Erosion: Processes, Prediction, Measurement, and Control (Hardcover £167.00)
1. Soil Erosion: The Global Context.
2. Processes and Mechanics of Erosion.
3. Factors Influencing Erosion.
4. Erosion Hazard Assessment.
5. Measurement of Soil Erosion.
6. Modelling Soil Erosion.
7. Strategies for Erosion Control.
8. Crop and Vegetation Management.
9. Soil Management.
10. Mechanical Methods of Erosion Control.
12. The Way Ahead.
Teaching Earth Sciences <!--end-->
"...a key text in its field providing us with considerable substance to understand and teach this topic."
TENews, 14 June 2005 <!--end-->
"...builds on the success of the two previous successful editions. These have long been the mainstay for students of soil erosion and conservation. The Book states, 'a thorough understanding of the processes of erosion and their controlling factors is a prerequisite for designing erosion control measures on a sound scientific basis wherever they are needed. The aim of producing a text with a global perspective on research and practice is also retained"...) The book does admirably achieve its mission and is written in a clear and comprehensible style."
European Society for Soil Conservation Newsletter, August 2005
"...an...admirable text built on the author's 35 years of research and teaching. The book is intended for both undergraduates and postgraduates studying soil erosion and conservation as parts of courses in agriculture, engineering and various branches of geography and environmental science. It is likely also to remain a valuable companion for them as they move into professional roles as conservation officers, civil and agricultural engineers and environmental consultants the world over. If you fall into any of these classess then buy it...I strongly recommend it."
European Journal of Soil Science, November 2005
"The book is clearly organized and well-written...The material helps both students and practitioners to learn and enhance their knowledge on erosion control and soil conservation practice...this is a fine book that can only be recommended further."
Environmental Geology, June 2006
"The third edition of this internationally recognized textbook will be invaluable to upper-level and graduate students."
Biotechnology, Agronomy, Society and Environment
"Professor Roy Morgan's third edition of Soil Erosion and Conservation is an authoritative, well-researched and accessible contribution to the study of soil erosion and its control."
- provides a comprehensive treatment of the processes of soil erosion, the methods that can be used for their control, and the issues involved in designing and implementing soil conservation programmes.
- internationally recognised textbook, now in its third edition
- New material on gully erosion, tillage practices, erosion risk assessment, use of erosion models, incentives for farmers and land users, and community approaches to erosion control
- updated sections on the mechanics of wind erosion, soil erodibility, use of vegetation in erosion control, traditional soil conservation measures, socio-economic issues and the role of government
- describes the methods used to assess the risk of erosion and predict rates of soil loss
- outlines the social, economic, political and institutional constraints on implementing soil protection measures
- covers erosion and its control for agriculture, grazing, forestry, mining land, road banks, pipeline corridors and recreation
- provides worldwide coverage of the success and failure of erosion control using material from Europe, Africa, Australia, America and Asia