ISBN: 978-1-405-16142-8 January 2008 BMJ Books 118 Pages
- Clear explanation of basic concepts in the context of clinical research
- Demonstration of how data are described, displayed and interpreted in different formats
- Practical glossary and key to the symbols used in statistics and a discussion of the software tools
The book offers a handy, quick reference that has an easy-to-follow structure throughout, making it ideal for health care professionals and students.
Table of contents
Data: describing and displaying.
Probability and confi dence intervals.
Choosing which measure and test to use.
Randomised controlled trials.
Systematic reviews 1.
Questionnaire studies 1.
Questionnaire studies 2.
Systematic reviews 2.
Statistical toolkit: glossary.
Software for data management and statistical analysis.
Commonly used symbols.
using flowcharts, diagrams and real life examples to reflect concepts in a simple and practical manner. The book offers a handy, quick reference that has an easy-to-follow structure throughout, making it ideal for health care professionals and students.” Doodys Reviews
- User-friendly and well illustrated pocket book
- Guides the reader through statistical concepts using real life examples to reflect concepts
- Uses flow charts to target the sections that matter