DescriptionThis book presents a valuable clarification and defence of human rights by Italy's leading political theorist.
1. On the Fundamental Principles of Human Rights
2. Human Rights Now and in the Future
3. The Age of Rights
4. Human Rights and Society
5. Human Rights Today
6. The French Revolution and Human Rights
7. The Legacy of the Great Revolution
8. Kant and the French Revolution
9. Against the Death Penalty
10. The Current Debate on the Death Penalty
'Great assurance, intelligence, clarity of vision, and lucidity of argument.' Radical Philosophy
'It makes a thoughtful contribution.' Policy
* This book brings together his writings on human rights.