DescriptionThis concise encyclopedia is the most complete international survey of sociology ever created in one volume.
- Contains over 800 entries from the whole breadth of the discipline
- Distilled from the highly regarded Blackwell Encyclopedia of Sociology, with entries completely revised and updated to provide succinct and up-to-date coverage of the fundamental topics
- Global in scope, both in terms of topics and contributors
- Each entry includes references and suggestions for further reading
- Cross-referencing allows easy movement around the volume
“I am very happy to recommend this book to any student still interested in buying printed works.” (Reference Reviews, 2012)
""This text is designed to be a smaller, more readable, and less expensive version of one of the most extensive single reference texts in sociology, the Blackwell Encyclopedia of Sociology."" (Booknews, 1 April 2011)