ISBN: 978-0-631-22038-1 February 2000 Wiley-Blackwell 400 Pages
Download Product Flyer
Table of contents
1. The Landscape.
3. Sources and Society.
4. Cultural Transformations.
5. Settlement and Territory.
6. Subsistence and Economy.
7. Life, Cult, and Afterlife.
Appendix: Etruscan Places - A Rough Guide.
"As well as offering new approaches and interpretations the book presents the reader with concise summaries of, often highly contentious, recent debates." Vedia Izzet, Christ's College, Cambridge.
"In an impressively comprehensive book, they weave together material from a wealth of sources, classical literature, land surveys and excavation - their text providing a lesson in itself in how to recreate ancient history." History Today.
- The first, full account of Etruscan politics, culture and society, placing Etruscans in their Mediterranean context.
- Incorporate up-to-date finding from landscape archaeology.
- Includes unique practical guide to more than 60 Etruscan sites