2.Fundamentals of Magnetism.
3. Longitudinal Recording Media.
4. Perpendicular Recording Medium.
5. Writer heads – Fundamentals.
6. Magneto-resistive Read Heads: Fundamentals and Functionality.
7. Read sensors for over 1 Terabits per square inch.
8. Thin film media Lubricants: Structure, Characterization and Performance.
9. Overcoat Materials for Magnetic Recording Media.
10. Heat Assisted Magnetic Recording.
11. L lo FePt for Magnetic Recording Media Applications.
12. Patterned Magnetic Recording Media: Progress and Prospects.
13. Phase Change Random Access Memory.
14. Non-volatile Solid State Magnetic Memory.
“The book will appeal to a wide audience, particularly to university level students with an interest in physics, chemistry, materials science and electronics. The chapters are well laid out, do not overwhelm the reader with too much complex information and are nicely illustrated.” (Platinum Metals Review, 1 September 2012)