- Wide-ranging treatment of the VSC achieved by assessing basic operating principles, topology structures, control algorithms and utility-level applications.
- Details advanced models of VSC-FACTS and VSC-HVDC equipment, suitable for a wide range of power network-wide studies, such as power flows, optimal power flows, state estimation and dynamic simulations.
- Contains numerous case studies and practical examples, including cases of multi-terminal VSC-HVDC systems.
- MATLAB software and Power System Computer Aided Design (PSCAD) scripts are provided to enable the reader to gain hands-on experience.
- Detailed coverage of electromagnetic transient studies of VSC-FACTS and VSC-HVDC systems using the de-facto industry standard PSCAD™/EMTDC™ simulation package.
An essential guide for utility engineers, academics, and research students as well as industry managers, engineers in equipment design and manufacturing, and consultants.