DescriptionThis popular pocket book has been updated and expanded throughout, providing a concise view of diagnostic haematology, in a convenient and practical format.
A Beginner's Guide to Blood Cells is an ideal for;
- Trainee laboratory technicians and scientists
- Students studying the physiology or pathology of the blood
- Those preparing for haematology examinations
Why Buy This Book?
- Unique pocket guide, written by Barbara Bain – a world-renowned expert in the field of blood morphology
- Outlines the basics of diagnostic haematology
- Includes an invaluable self-assessment section
- NEW EDITION – now includes more information on clinical aspects and further tests
1 The Blood Film and Count, 1
2 Assessing Red Cells, 29
3 Assessing White Cells and Platelets, 45
4 Haematological Findings in Health and Disease, 56
5 Self-assessment, 98
British Journal of Biomedical Science
""An ideal primer for trainee medical laboratory technicians requiring basic information for diagnostic haematology and for medical students studying the physiology and pathology of blood.""
Aslib Book Guide