Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: A Dictionary of Linguistics and Phonetics, 6th Edition
Thinking Linguistically: A Scientific Approach to Language (Paperback $51.95)
Cannot be combined with any other offers.
List of Abbreviations.
List of Symbols.
The International Phonetic Alphabet.
- Includes in excess of 5,100 terms, grouped into over 3,000 entries
- Coverage reflects recommendations by a team of experts in phonetics, phonology, syntax, semantics, sociolinguistics and psycholinguistics, making it exceptionally comprehensive
- Incorporates new ideas stemming from the minimalist program
- Contains a separate table of abbreviations and table of symbols, along with an updated International Phonetic Alphabet
- Updates entries to reflect the way established terms are now perceived in light of changes in the field, providing a unique insight into the historical development of linguistics
- Remains the standard single-volume reference for the field of linguistics and phonetics.