List of Maps.
List of Genealogical Tables.
List of Abbreviations.
1. 1603: Union of the Crowns.
2. Great Britain's Solomon.
3. The Ascendancy of Buckingham.
4. The Personal Rule of Charles.
5. The Collapse of Multiple Monarchies.
6. War in Three Kingdoms.
7. The British Republic.
8. The Restoration of the British Monarchies.
9. Court and Country.
10. Exclusion and Reaction.
11. A Glorious Revolution?.
12. Britain under William and Anne.
13. 1707: Union of the Kingdom.
* Provides a coherent analysis of one of the most turbulent and most popular periods of British history.
* Offers thorough analysis of social and political themes within a chronological overview of the period.
* Gives full consideration to the 'British' context.