DescriptionLearn to trade using technical analysis, market indicators, simple portfolio analysis, generally successful trading techniques, and common sense with this straightforward, accessible book. Essentially a course in making money, A Short Course in Technical Trading teaches proven long- and short-term trading techniques (with an emphasis on short-term), covering basic indicators and how you can best use them to your advantage.
The book includes a trading game so you can trade along with the lessons, posing likely problems that you'll encounter once trading begins. As trading becomes more complicated, so do the problems..
You'll get a running start as a trader with usage tips on the most popular trading tools. A Short Course in Technical Trading is unlike any other book on the market and is available at a convenient low price.
1. Timing Is Everything 1
2. Charting the Trend 18
3. Breakout Trends 36
4. Calculating the Trend 51
5. The Trading Game 78
6. Channels and Bands 91
7. Event-Driven Trends 107
8. Controlling the Risk of a Trade 118
9. One-Day Chart Patterns and Reversals 130
10. Continuation Patterns 145
11. Top and Bottom Formations 153
12. Retracements, Reversals, Fibonacci Numbers, and Gann 167
13. Volume, Breadth, and Open Interest 180
14. Momentum and MACD 199
15. Overbought/Oversold Indicators and Double Smoothing 213
16. Managing Your Entry and Exit 235
17. Volatility and Portfolio Management 243
18. Dow Theory 262
Review Questions 275
Answers to Chapter Questions 287
Review Answers 307