List of Contributors.
1. Introducing Fields, Selves, Stories, Texts and Materials.
2. Where Do We Stand in Relation to the Data? Being Reflexive About Reflexivity in Health Care Evaluation.
3. Moving Nursing Practice: Integrating Theory and Method.
4. Participative Observation: Using the Subject Body to Understand Nursing Practice.
5. Self and Others: The Rigour and Ethics of Insider Ethnography.
6. Researching Story and Narrative in Nursing: An Object-Relations Approach.
7. Rational Solutions and Unreliable Narrators: Content, Structure and Voice in Narrative Research.
8. Discourse Analysis, Ideology and Professional Practice.
9. Words Are Powerful Tools: Discourse Analytic Explanations of Nursing Practice.
10. Taking Things Seriously: Studying the Material Culture of Nursing.
11. A History of Small Things.
12. Studying The Women in White.
* contributions from international authors at the front-line of nursing academia
* elucidates the new, more complex methodologies
* offers a bridge between nursing and social science
* builds on our reputation of publishing high quality nursing research publications