DescriptionFully revised and updated version of the successful "Advanced Wireless Communications"
Wireless communications continue to attract the attention of both research community and industry. Since the first edition was published significant research and industry activities have brought the fourth generation (4G) of wireless communications systems closer to implementation and standardization.
"Advanced Wireless Communications" continues to provide a comparative study of enabling technologies for 4G. This second edition has been revised and updated and now includes additional information on the components of common air interface, including the area of space time coding , multicarrier modulation especially OFDM, MIMO, cognitive radio and cooperative transmission.
Ideal for students and engineers in research and development in the field of wireless communications, the second edition of Advanced Wireless Communications also gives an understanding to current approaches for engineers in telecomm operators, government and regulatory institutions.
New features include:
- Brand new chapter covering linear precoding in MIMO channels based on convex optimization theory.
- Material based on game theory modelling encompassing problems of adjacent cell interference, flexible spectra sharing and cooperation between the nodes in ad hoc networks.
- Presents and discusses the latest schemes for interference suppression in ultra wide band (UWB) cognitive systems.
- Discusses the cooperative transmission and more details on positioning.
2 Adaptive coding.
3 Adaptive and Reconfigurable Modulation
4 Space Time Coding.
5 Multiuser communication. .
6 Channel estimation and equalization.
7 Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing and MC CDMA.
8 Ultra Wide Band Radio.
9 Antenna Array Signal Processing.
10 Cognitive Radio.
11 Wireless Networks.
12. Cognitive UWB Communications.
13. Positioning in Wireless Networks.
14 Channel Modeling and Measurements for 4G.
15 Adaptive 4G Networks.
16 Cognitive Networks and Game Theory.