Amazon.com For Dummies
Amazon.com For Dummies
ISBN: 978-0-764-56866-4 January 2003 380 Pages
Download Product Flyer
Countless opportunities exist for those who join this community, and Amazon.com For Dummies® gives you a smorgasbord sampling of what they are and how to take advantage of every one. For example, you can
- Set up an account and buy things
- Bid on an auction
- Sell your items
- Personalize your shopping experience
- Open your own online “store”
- Join the Amazon.com community
Written by Mara Friedman, who has held several positions with Amazon.com including marketing communications manager, Amazon.com For Dummies® takes you from your first venture into the Amazon all the way to making money from your Amazon.com experience. Discover how to
- Find your way around the marketplace and scout out the best deals
- Get local movie showtimes, view restaurant menus, chat with other shoppers, send free e-cards, or sign up for a free reminder service
- Track orders and manage your account
- Browse specialty shops and check out international merchandise
- Take advantage of reviews from other shoppers
- Set up and use wish lists—for yourself and your friends
- Create your own online Zshop, set the right prices, and take photos that help sell your items
- Take advantage of the Amazon.com Advantage or become an Associate
Whether you’re a complete novice who’d like a guide to help you with your first online purchases, or a longtime Amazon.com shopper who wants to become an online entrepreneur, Amazon.com For Dummies® has what you need. Use it today to get started, and tomorrow to help you manage your own successful online business.
Table of contents
Part I: Testing the Waters: Finding Your Way Around the Store.
Chapter 1: Amazon.com 101.
Chapter 2: The Main Stops on the Shopping Circuit.
Chapter 3: You Are the Master of Your Account.
Chapter 4: Heeeeeeeeeelp!
Part II: You Want It? They Got It: Shopping and Buying at Amazon.com.
Chapter 5: A Closer Look at the Stores.
Chapter 6: Services at Amazon.com.
Chapter 7: The Strange, the Special, and the Super Cheap.
Chapter 8: Get What You Want: Find It and Suss It Out.
Chapter 9: Window-Shopping on the Web.
Chapter 10: Clicking Your Way to Purchase Paradise.
Part III: The More the Merrier: The Amazon.com Community.
Chapter 11: It’s All About You! Cool Stuff That Happens Automatically.
Chapter 12: Putting Your Two Cents In: Reviews, Lists, & Cool Features.
Chapter 13: Giving (and Getting) Good Gifts.
Part IV: Making Money at Amazon.com.
Chapter 14: The Basics of Using Amazon.com to Build Bucks.
Chapter 15: The Buying/Selling Circle: Amazon.com Marketplace.
Chapter 16: Where on Earth Did You Find That? Auctions and zShops.
Chapter 17: Leveling the Playing Field: Amazon.com Advantage.
Chapter 18: Cash by Association: Amazon Associates.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 19: Ten E-Mails You Might Get from Amazon.com.
Chapter 20: Ten Ways to Get Great Deals.
Chapter 21: The Ten Strangest Items for Sale.
Appendix: The Esoteric Amazon: Honor System and Amazon Anywhere.