DescriptionAngel Financing for Entrepreneurs will give you the information you need to understand how angel investors think, as well as how to identify investor expectations, understand the investment analysis process, and prepare for post-investment requirements. Written by Susan Preston, an experienced angel investor, worldwide speaker and consultant on angel financing, and former Kauffman Foundation Entrepreneur-in-Residence, this hands-on resource, explains the factors that determine how private equity investors spend their money and what they expect from entrepreneurs. For example:
- Most venture capitalists do not invest in seed or start-up financing rounds
- Investors typically require seasoned management, with successful start-up experience
- Investors are looking for entrepreneurs with passion for their ideas and the willingness to take and apply sound advice
- Business plans must be well-written with detailed financial projections that extend 3–5 years
- Investors are looking for a clear path to profitability in the business model
- Entrepreneurs must have developed a corporate structure that is clean and uncomplicated
- And much more
Foreword by Honorable Lorrie Keating Heinemann. 1. Introduction. 2. The Basics About Angel Investors. 3. Private Equity Investing. 4. Understanding Your Funding Needs. 5. Looking for Angels and What Angels Are Looking For. 6. Preparing for Investors. 7. Making the Match. 8. The Investment Process. 9. After the Investment. Appendix 1.Glossary of Terms Related to Private Equity and Debt Financing. Appendix 2. Non-Disclosure Agreement (Mutual). Appendix 3.
Securities And Exchange Commission Regulation D. Appendix 4. Angel Organizations in the United States United States and . Appendix 5.Angel Organizations in Canada Europe. Appendix 6. Due Diligence Checklist. Appendix 7. Due Diligence Interview Questions. Appendix 8. Convertible Promissory Note. Appendix 9. Angel-Entrepreneur Internet Matching Sites. Appendix 10. Experts' Profiles. References. Acknowledgments. About the Author. Index.