1. The Politics of Anthropology.
2. Origins of Society.
3. Culture, Constraint and Community.
4. Freud's Social Contract.
5. Past and Present.
6. James Frazer and Cambridge.
7. Pluralism and the Neolithic.
8. The Highway to Growth.
9. A Marxist Might-have-been.
10. War and Violence.
11. Tribe and State in the Middle East.
12. Maghreb as Mirror for Man.
13. Lawrence of Moravia.
14. Anthropology and Europe.
15. The Coming Fin de Millenaire.
16. The Uniqueness of Truth.
* One of the world's leading philosophers - addresses the key issues in the subject: relativism and unique truth; the post-colonial crisis of confidence; the anthropology of the west, including the anthropology of war.