1. Whither Bacillus? (Berkeley).
2. From Phylogeny To Systematics: Dissection Of The Genus Bacillus (Stackebrandt & Swiderski).
3. Longstanding Taxonomic Enigmas Within The 'Bacillus Cereus Group' Are On The Verge Of Being Resolved By Far-Reaching Molecular Developments: Forecasts On The Possible Outcome By An Ad Hoc Team. (Turnbull, Jackson, Hill, Keim, Kolsto & Beecher).
4. Bacillus Cereus And Food Poisoning (Granum).
5. Thermophilic Bacillus Isolates From Antarctic Environments (Nicolaus, Lama & Gambacorta).
6. Bacilli Associated With Spoilage In Dairy Products And Other Foods (Heyndrickx & Scheldeman).
7. Moderately Halophilic And Halotolerant Species Of Bacillus And Related Genera (Arahal & Ventosa).
8. Bacillus Identification - Traditional Approaches (Fritze).
9. Modern Methods For Identification (Logan).
10. Nucleic Acid Analysis And SDS-PAGE Of Whole-Cell Proteins In Bacillus Taxonomy (De Vos).
11. Bacillus Thuringiensis Insecticides (Bishop).
12. Bt Crops: A Novel Insect Control Tool (Van Rie).
13. Bacillus Sphaericus And Its Insecticidal Toxins (Priest).
14. The Importance Of Bacillus Species In The Production Of Industrial Enzymes (Outtrop & Jorgensen).
15. Plant Growth Promotion By Bacillus And Relatives (Chanway).
16. Insertion Sequence Elements And Transposons In Bacillus (Mahillon).
17. Fingerprint Spectrometry Methods In Bacillus Systematics (Magee & Goodacre).
18. Whole-Cell Fatty Acid Analysis In The Systematics Of Bacillus And Related Genera (Kampfer).
19. Some Concluding Observations (Norris).
"Applications and Systematics of Bacillus and Relatives is indeed a source of current and compiled information on systematics and applications ... This will be a highly useful resource for academic, special, and public libraries." Mohan Ramaswamy, Kansas State University Library, E-Streams, April 2003
- Valuable reference work for all those interested in the systematics of Bacillus and its relatives.
- Produced in response to the successful Bacillus 2000 meeting in Bruges and was supported by the Federation of European Microbiological Societies, the Belgian Society for Microbiology, and several commercial sponsors.
- Of use to those working in fields as diverse as medicine, agriculture, food and industry.
- Comprehensive and up-to-date analysis of the systematics of these organisms.
- Includes the application of sophisticated chemotaxonomic and genetic characterization methods.