DescriptionThis is a comprehensive source of information on the application of ion chromatography (IC) in the analysis of pharmaceutical drugs and biologicals. This book, with contributors from academia, pharma, the biotech industry, and instrument manufacturing, presents the different perspectives, experience, and expertise of the thought leaders of IC in a comprehensive manner. It explores potential IC applications in different aspects of product development and quality control testing. In addition, an appendix section gives information on critical physical and chromatographic parameters related to IC and information on current manufacturers of IC systems, columns, and other components.
Part I. Principles, Mechanism, and Instrumentation.
1. Ion Chromatography—Principles and Applications (Lokesh Bhattacharyya).
2. Retention Processing in Ion-Exclusion Chromatography: A New Perspective (Milko Novič and Paul R. Haddad).
3. Pulsed Electrochemical Detection in Ion Chromatography (William R. LaCourse).
4. Suppressor Design and Detection for Ion Chromatography (Kannan Srinivasan, Sheetal Bhardwaj, Rong Lin and Christopher Pohl).
5. Modelling and Optimization of ion Chromatographic Separations of Pharmaceutically Relevant Organic Ions (Philip Zakaria, Greg Dicinoski, Melissa Hanna-Brown and Paul R. Haddad).
Part II. Pharmaceutical Applications.
6. Ion Chromatography in Pharmaceutical Drug Analysis (Lokesh Bhattacharyya).
7. Analysis for Impurities by Ion Chromatography (Shreekant V. Karmarkar).
8. Ion Chromatography Analysis of Aminoglycoside Antibiotics (Valoran O. Hanko and Jeffrey S. Rohrer).
9. Use of Cation-Exchange Ion Chromatography in the Analysis of Pharmaceuticals (Christopher Crafts, Bruce Bailey, Paul Gamache, Xiaodong Liu, and Ian Acworth).
10. Comprehensive Approaches for Measurement of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, Counter-ions, and Excipients using HPLC with Charged Aerosol Detection (Christopher Crafts, Bruce Bailey, Paul Gamache, Xiaodong Liu, and Ian Acworth).
11. High Performance Ion Chromatographic Analysis of Cholinergic Compounds: Carbachol and Bethanechol, and Associated Degradation Products (David Trowbridge).
12. Ion Chromatographic Analysis of Pharmaceuticals for Authenticity and Adulteration (David S. Jackson).
13. Ion Chromatography of Drug Product Counter-ions and other Ions in Drug Products (Brian M. De Borba and Jeffrey S. Rohrer).
14. Sample Preparation Techniques in Ion Chromatography for Pharmaceutical Applications (Jay Gandhi).
15. Validation of Ion Chromatographic Methods (Shreekant V. Karmarkar).
16. Pharmacopeial Applications of Ion Chromatography (Ravi Ravichandran).
Part III. Biotechnology Applications.
17. Glycan Analysis by High Performance Anion Exchange Chromatography with Pulsed Amperometric Detection (Lokesh Bhattacharyya).
18. Monosaccharide Analysis of Glycoproteins by High-Performance Anion-Exchange (Jeffrey S. Rohrer).
19. Two-Dimensional Ion Chromatography for Simultaneous Determination of Carbohydrates and Amino Acids (Petr Jandik and Jun Cheng).
20. Monitoring Protein N-glycosylation Consistency using HPAEC-PAD (Carl Grey).
21. Oligosaccharide Analysis by High-Performance Anion-Exchange Chromatography Hyphenated to Integrated Pulsed Amperometric Detection and On-Line Ion-Trap Mass Spectrometry (Cees Bruggink).
Part IV. Vaccine Applications.
22. Applications of Ion Chromatography in Biological Analyses (Alfred V. Del Grosso and Brandon Duong).
23. High Performance Anion-Exchange Chromatography with Pulsed Amperometric Detection (HPAEC-PAD) Analysis of GBS Glycoconjugate Vaccines: from Fermentation to Final Product (Stefano Ricci, Barbara Fabbri, Sara Giannini Silvia Bernardini, and Marcello Morelli).
24. Stability Studies and Characterization of Meningococcal A, C, Y, and W135 Glycoconjugate Vaccine (Valeria Carinci, Alberto Bernardini, Cristiana Campa, Claudia Magagnoli, Francesca Beccai, and Sandro D’Ascenzi).
Part V. Appendices.
1. Dissociation Constants (pKa) of Organic Acids (at 20 oC).
2. Dissociation Constants (pKa) of Common Sugars and Alcohols.
3. Bibliography on Ion Chromatography and its Application in Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology.
“This book is a model of what can be achieved with a well-developed plan and the support of expert authors.” (Chromatographia, 2012)