Black, Applied Business Statistics 7e is designed with one goal: to support student success in the Business Stats course. From the clear instruction, thorough explanations and real-data examples, the book is a pedagogically sound, reliable resource for students. With WileyPLUS online learning environment, which gives students a roadmap to personalized instruction by telling them what to do, how to do it and if they did it right, students have more ways to succeed with Black, Applied Business Statistics 7e than ever before.
Table of contents
1. Introduction to Statistics
2. Charts and Graphs
3. Descriptive Statistics
5. Discrete Distributions
6. Continuous Distributions
7. Sampling and Sampling Distributions
8. Statistical Inference: Estimation for Single Populations
9. Statistical Inference: Hypothesis Testing for Single Populations
10. Statistical Inferences About Two Populations
11. Analysis of Variance and Design of Experiments
12. Simple Regression Analysis and Correlation
13. Multiple Regression Analysis
14. Building Multiple Regression Models
15. Time-Series Forecasting and Index Numbers
16. Analysis of Categorical Data
17. Nonparametric Statistics
18. Statistical Quality Control
New To This Edition
• NEW Thinking Critically about Business Statistics: This new feature provides thought-provoking questions to promote application and analysis of business statistics principles.
• NEW and Improved Visuals: Graphs, tables, and figures have been added throughout the text to illustrate and underscore concepts.
• NEW Cases: New, current and relevant businesses are profiled to help students connect real organizations with business statistics concepts.
• WileyPLUS: WileyPLUS Version 5 online learning environment features all end-of-chapter problems, 22 author video tutorials, databases, applets and more.
• Decision Dilemma & Decision Dilemma Solved: Chapter-opening vignettes are brief business-world scenarios which use the techniques introduced in the chapter to solve a business decision dilemma; at the end of chapters, dilemmas are addressed to reinforce the chapter concept.
• Ethical Considerations: A feature in each chapter, Ethical Considerations integrate the topic of ethics with applications of business statistics.
• Tree Taxonomy Diagrams: Further illustrate the connection between topics and techniques and the ability to see the big picture of inferential statistics.