DescriptionWILEY-INTERSCIENCE PAPERBACK SERIES
The Wiley-Interscience Paperback Series consists of selected books that have been made more accessible to consumers in an effort to increase global appeal and general circulation. With these new unabridged softcover volumes, Wiley hopes to extend the lives of these works by making them available to future generations of statisticians, mathematicians, and scientists.
"Many examples drawn from the author’s experience of engineering applications are used to illustrate the theoretical results, which are presented in a cookbook fashion...it provides an excellent practical guide to the analysis of product-life data."
Special Programme of Research in Human Reproduction
World Health Organization
Review in Biometrics, September 1983
Now a classic, Applied Life Data Analysis has been widely used by thousands of engineers and industrial statisticians to obtain information from life data on consumer, industrial, and military products. Organized to serve practitioners, this book starts with basic models and simple informative probability plots of life data. Then it progresses through advanced analytical methods, including maximum likelihood fitting of advanced models to life data. All data analysis methods are illustrated with numerous clients' applications from the author's consulting experience.
About the Author.
1. Overview and Background.
2. Basic Concepts and Distributions for Product Life.
3. Probability Plotting of Complete and Singly Censored Data.
4. Graphical Analysis of Multiply Censored Data.
5. Series Systems and Competing Risks.
6. Analysis of Complete Data.
7. Linear Methods for Singly Censored Data.
8. Maximum Likelihood Analysis of Multiply Censored Data.
9. Analyses of Inspection Data (Qualtal-Response and Interval Data).
10. Comparisons (Hypothesis Tests) For Complete Data.
11. Comparisons with Linear Estimators (Singly Censored and Complete Data).
12. Maximum Likelihood Comparisons (Multiply Censored and Other Data).
13. Survey of Other Topics.
Appendix A. Tables..
"...an excellent addition to a six-sigma program...as well as a useful resource for the reliability engineer or student in statistics. The book is also applicable to many other fields..." (IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine, July/August 2005)
“…extremely useful for courses on life data analysis, statistical quality control and product marketing.” (Zentralblatt Math, Vol.1054, No.05, 2005)