Preliminary data analysis.
Basic probability concepts.
Random variables and their properties.
Model estimation and testing.
Methods of regression and multivariate analysis.
Frequency analysis of extreme events.
Simulation techniques for design.
Risk and reliability analysis.
Bayesian decision methods and parameter uncertainty.
- Further mathematics
- Glossary of symbols
- Tables of selected distributions
- Brief answers to selected problems
- Well balanced with theory, examples, references and problems.
- Numerous case studies, examples and problems.
- Covers theories and practical examples not available elsewhere.
- New edition has new sections on Monte Carlo Markov chain modelling, Gibbs samply, sensitivity analysis and aleatory and epistemic uncertainties, and cupolas
- Online solutions manual for text problems available to lecturers