DescriptionThis text gives a general introduction to the subject but in a way that demonstrates its applicability to their work and to everyday life, whilst remaining academically grounded. It demonstrates how psychology can make a practical difference in the ‘real world’. Topics covered include emotions, motivation, social life and the lifespan.
- Basic, up-to-date introduction to psychological concepts
- Practical exercises and techniques
- Scene setting examples from real life
1. Psychology in life.
2. Emotional life: recognising feelings and emotions.
3. Emotional life: regulating emotions.
4. Motivational life: hunger, thirst and sex.
5. Motivational life: from sensation-seeking to self-actualisation.
6. Social life: forming and maintaining relationships.
7. Social life: communicating one to one.
8. Social life: communicating in groups.
9. Social life: leadership.
10. Inner life: personality.
11. Inner life: the self.
12. Intellectual life: learning.
13. Intellectual life: memory and thinking.
14. The lifespan: bringing up children.
15. The lifespan: growing older.
16. When things go wrong with life.
17. A healthy life: self-help.
18. A healthy life: therapeutic help.
19. Life in general.