DescriptionAppreciative Coaching describes an approach to coaching that is rooted in Appreciative Inquiry. At its core the Appreciative Coaching method shows individuals how to tap into (or rediscover) their own sense of wonder and excitement about their present life and future possibilities. Rather than focusing on individuals in limited or problem-oriented ways, Appreciate Coaching guides clients through four stages—Discovery, Dream, Design, and Destiny—that inspire them to an appreciative and empowering view of themselves and their future.
1. An Overview of Appreciative Coaching.
2. Positive Methods.
3. The Foundation of Appreciative Coaching—Part I: The Constructionist Principle and the Positive Principle.
4. The Foundation of Appreciative Coaching—Part II: The Simultaneity Principle, the Poetic Principle, and the Anticipatory Principle.
5. The Appreciative Coaching Process: Getting Started.
6. Discovery Stage: Reflecting and Celebrating.
7. Dream Stage: Articulating Potential.
8. Design Stage: Directing Attention and Action.
9. Destiny Stage: Being and Becoming.
10. Stepping into Appreciative Coaching.
A Glossary of Terms.
Appendix A: Our Research Methodology.
Appendix B: Client Information Form.
Appendix C: Coaching Prep Form.