DescriptionArchaeologies of Social Life is a fascinating new perspective on everyday life in ancient Egypt.
1. Individuals, Selves and Bodies.
2. Feminisms, Gender Trouble and Sexuality.
3. Body and Soul in the Archaeology of Egypt.
4. Mapping Age, Sex and Class at Deir el Medina.
5. Accessing Individuals at Deir el Medina.
"[T]his study is a welcome addition to archeological research which employs various theories in order to present more data from an ancient, long-gone past." Journal of the Economic and Social History of the Orient
- Connects the lives and issues of ancient Egypt to contemporary life.
- Examines ordinary life whereas most studies focus on the pharaohs.
- Covers exciting new debates on the body, sexuality and identity.
- Includes new research data on Egypt.