Feb 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
Part I: A Primer.
1. Setting the agenda.
2. Evolving architectural technology.
3. Constructive links.
4. A question of detail..
Part II: The Building and the Process.
5. Planning for Life.
6. Regulations, codes and standards.
7. Healthy, safe and secure buildings.
8. The art of detailing.
9. Product selection.
10. Communcating design intent.
11. Assembling the parts.
12. Building performance and durability..
Part III: Synthesis.
13. The language of Detail.
14. Technological innovation.
15. Towards a theory for practice.
* addresses the constructive links between design and production
* deals with core subjects - design, management, technologies - from a sustainable building angle
* endorsed by the British Institute of Architectural Technologists (BIAT)