Aromatherapy For Dummies
Aromatherapy For Dummies
ISBN: 978-0-764-55171-0 September 1999 384 Pages
Download Product Flyer
This down-to-earth guide takes the mystery out of essential oils and other aromatherapy tools, and shows you how pleasing scents can cure what ails you and enhance your life at home and at work. Among other things, you’ll discover how to:
- Safely and easily treat hundreds of common ailments
- Increase f ocus and concentration
- Relieve tension and relax
- Improve athletic performance
- Enhance romance
- Sniff out the right essential oils
- Create fragrant essences in your kitchen
Under the expert guidance of one of America’s leading botanical experts, you’ll bring the wonders of aromatherapy into your own life. Kathy Keville provides clear, concise, scientifically informed explanations of how plant essences can support body, mind, and spirit. She offers common sense advice on everything from therapeutics and cosmetics to the recreational uses of essential oils. And she supplies:
- Easy-to-follow instructions on how to select genuine aromatherapy products
- Symptom Guide–simple and easy remedies for 60 common conditions, listed alphabetically by symptom
- Aroma Guide–an A-to-Z guide of fragrant plants used in aromatherapy
- More than a hundred recipes for everything from oily skin to indigestion that you can whip up at home in five minutes
The world is full of natural fragrances that can help you feel better, work smarter, play harder, and relax. It’s time to get well with the healing power of smell, and now Aromatherapy For Dummies shows you how.
Table of contents
PART I: Aromatherapy Essentials.
Chapter 1: Making Sense Out of Scents.
Chapter 2: Sniffing the Diff: What to Look for in a Scent.
Chapter 3: On the Scented Trail: Shopping and Storing.
Chapter 4: Surrounding Yourself with Scents.
Chapter 5: Aromatherapy Alchemy: Making Your Own Scents.
PART II: "Inscentives" for Living: Aromatherapy in Your Life.
Chapter 6: Aromatherapy to De-Bug Your Home and Garden.
Chapter 7: Mirror, Mirror on the Wall: Aromatherapy for Us All.
Chapter 8: Aromatherapy in the Bedroom.
Chapter 9: Aromatherapy on the Job: The Sweet Smell of Success.
Chapter 10: Aromatherapy at the Gym.
Chapter 11: Getting Well with Smell.
PART III: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 12: Ten Ways to Add Fragrance to Your Life.
Chapter 13: Ten Herbs to Grow for Fragrance.
PART IV: The Guides.
PART V: The Appendix.
Appendix: Aromatherapy Resources.
Book Registration Information.