Preface: The Extent of Sexual Violence and the Risk Approach.
PART I. BACKGROUND, DEVELOPMENTAL FRAMEWORKS AND PREDICTIVE ACCURACY.
1. Characteristics of Sexual Offenders.
2. Developmental Frameworks and Functional Analysis.
3. Methodological Considerations in Measuring Predictive Accuracy.
PART II. STATIC RISK FACTORS.
4. Static Factors Associated with Sexual Recidivism.
5. Actuarial and Clinically Guided Measures.
PART III. DYNAMIC RISK FACTORS.
6. Dynamic Factors Associated with Sexual Recidivism.
7. Treatment and Sexual Recidivism.
PART IV. STRUCTURING RISK ASSESSMENT.
8. Aetiology and Risk.
PART V. POLICY AND PRACTICE.
9. Implementing Risk Management Policy.
10. Improving Risk Assessment Estimates.
11. Strengths Based Approaches to Risk Assessment.
""This book is good for learning how to assess risk with sex offenders, a population with a high recidivism rate. It is well written and covers the topic thoroughly. ... This book should be in the libraries of forensic psychologists involved in sex offender work."" (Doody's, April 2009)