1. Pre-Operative assessment and preparation.
2. The Peri-Operative Phase.
3. Post-Operative Recovery.
4. Post-Operative Pain Management.
5. Psychosocial Aspects of Surgery.
PART 2: SURGICAL SPECIALITIES.
6. Head and Neck Surgery.
7. Vascular Surgery.
8. Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery.
9. Surgery of the Lower Gastrointestinal Tract.
10. Urological Surgery.
11. Women’s Health.
12. Orthopaedic Surgery.
13. Identifying and Managing Life-Threatening Situations.
14. Self-Test Answers
"This book will be a welcome addition to library shelves, and it provides a useful resource for nurses working in a range of surgical areas." (Nursing Standard)
"Aimed at newly qualified staff, operating department practitioners and adult nursing students." (Science Direct)
* Stresses the importance of detailed observation and monitoring of surgical patients who may become critically ill
* Highlights early warning signs of deterioration and identifies potential complications
* Uses case studies to illustrate the application of theory to practice
* Explores nursing management of common acute surgical conditions