DescriptionUse the right tool the right way
Here, fully updated to include new machines and electronic/digital controls, is the ultimate guide to basic machine shop equipment and how to use it. Whether you're a professional machinist, an apprentice, a trade student, or a handy homeowner, this fully illustrated volume helps you define tools and use them properly and safely. It's packed with review questions for students, and loaded with answers you need on the job.
Mark Richard Miller is a Professor and Chairman of the Industrial Technology Department at Texas A&M University in Kingsville, Texas.
* Understand basic machine shop practice and safety measures
* Recognize the variations in similar tools and the purposes they serve
* Learn recommended methods of mounting work in different machines
* Obtain a complete working knowledge of numerically controlled machines and the operations they perform
* Review procedures for safe and efficient use of cutting tools and cutters
* Expand your knowledge with clear, step-by-step illustrations of proper equipment set-up and operation
About the Authors.
Chapter 1: Benchwork.
Chapter 2: Precision Measurement and Gaging.
Chapter 3: Materials.
Chapter 4: Abrasives.
Chapter 5: Grinding.
Chapter 6: Cutting Fluids.
Chapter 7: Cutting Tools.
Chapter 8: Cutter and Tool Grinders.
Chapter 9: Drills.
Chapter 10: Reamers.
Chapter 11: Taps.
Chapter 12: Threading Dies.
Chapter 13: Milling-Machine Cutters.
Chapter 14: Milling-Machine Arbors, Collets, and Adapters.
Chapter 15: Broaches and Broaching.
Chapter 16: Electrical Safety in the Machine Shop.
Appendix: Reference Materials.