DescriptionMake your shop safe and smart
If you're a machinist or a student of the trade, this second volume in Audel's machine shop library offers concise, to-the-point coverage of everything you need to know. You'll find definitions of all the shop tools; guidelines for set-up, safe operation, maintenance, and repair; illustrations and diagrams; review questions for students, and much more. Expect it to become one of your most-used tools.
* Master all types of saws, drills, lathes, milling machinery, metal-finishing machines, and more
* Learn safe operating procedures for cutting tools and the best ways to mount work in the machines
* Find current details on new machines with electronic/digital controls
* Understand how ultrasonics are used in metalworking
* Explore information on machine shop robotics and electronics
* Discover valuable tips for hobbyists, woodworkers, and home-shop owners
About the Authors.
Chapter 1: Power Hacksaws, Power Band Saws, and Circular Saws.
Chapter 2: Basic Machine Tool Operations.
Chapter 3: Drilling Machines.
Chapter 4: Drilling Machine Operations.
Chapter 5: Vertical Boring Mills and Horizontal Boring Machines.
Chapter 6: Lathes.
Chapter 7: Lathe Operations.
Chapter 8: Cutting Screw Threads on the Lathe.
Chapter 9: Lathe Attachments.
Chapter 10: Turret Lathes.
Chapter 11: Milling Machines.
Chapter 12: Milling Machine Operations.
Chapter 13: Milling Machine Dividing Heads.
Chapter 14: Indexing Operation.
Chapter 15: Shapers.
Chapter 16: Planers.
Chapter 17: Slotters.
Chapter 18: Abrasive Metal Finishing Machines.
Chapter 19: Electroforming.
Chapter 20: Ultrasonics in Metalworking.
Chapter 21: Machine Shop Robotics and Electronics.