DescriptionPull up what you need to know
Pumps and hydraulic equipment are now used in more facets of industry than ever before. Whether you are a pump operator or you encounter pumps and hydraulic systems through your work in another skilled trade, a basic knowledge of the practical features, principles, installation, and maintenance of such systems is essential. You'll find it all here, fully updated with real-world examples and 21st-century applications.
- Learn to install and service pumps for nearly any application
- Understand the fundamentals and operating principles of pump controls and hydraulics
- Service and maintain individual pumping devices that use smaller motors
- See how pumps are used in robotics, taking advantage of hydraulics to lift larger, heavier loads
- Handle new types of housings and work with the latest electronic controls
- Know the appropriate servicing schedule for different types of pumping equipment
- Install and troubleshoot special-service pumps
About the Authors.
PART I: INTRODUCTION TO BASIC PRINCIPLES OF PUMPS AND HYDRAULICS.
Chapter 1: Basic Fluid Principles.
Chapter 2: Principles of Hydraulics.
PART II: PUMPS.
Chapter 3: Centrifugal Pumps.
Chapter 4: Rotary Pumps.
Chapter 5: Reciprocating Pumps.
Chapter 6: Special-Service Pumps.
PART III: HYDRAULICS.
Chapter 7: Hydraulic Accumulators.
Chapter 8: Power Transmission.
Chapter 9: Hydraulic Power Tools.
Chapter 10: Hydraulic Cylinders.
Chapter 11: Control Valves.
Chapter 12: Hydraulic Control Valve Operators.
PART IV: FLUIDS, LINES, AND FITTINGS.
Chapter 13: Hydraulic Fluids.
Chapter 14: Fluid Lines and Fittings.
Appendix A: Pump Resources.
Appendix B: Oils and Fluids.
Appendix C: Latest Pumps Available.