2. Signal Processing Essentials.
3. Quantization and Entropy Coding.
4. Linear Prediction in Narrowband and Wideband Coding.
5. Psychoacoustic Principles.
6. Time-Frequency Analysis: Filter Banks and Transforms.
7. Transform Coders.
8. Subband Coders.
9. Sinusoidal Coders.
10. Audio Coding Standards and Algorithms.
11. Lossless Audio Coding and Digital Watermarking.
12. Quality Measures for Perceptual Audio Coding.
- Contains computer exercises and MATLAB-based projects for use in EE multimedia, computer science, and DSP courses
- Includes discussion of the ISCO/IEC MPEG family
- Unique features of the book include treatments of sinusoidal, LP-based, and hybrid algorithms; perceptual measurement systems; scalable algorithms and Internet coding architectures; and all current audio standards, both international and commercial
- Provides a historical perspective on audio coding research
- Includes a comprehensive bibliography containing over 600 references