List of Contributors.
1. Introduction: Seeking Coherence in Autism: From fMRI to Intervention: Evelyn McGregor (University of St Andrews) , María Núñez (Glasgow Caledonian University), Katie Cebula (University of Edinburgh), and Juan Carlos Gómez (University of St Andrews).
Part I: Neurocognitive Research.
2. New Insights From Neuroimaging Into the Emotional Brain in Autism: Bruno Wicker (Institut de Neurosciences Cognitives de la Méditerranée, Marseille).
3. Directedness, Egocentrism, and Autism: Justin H. G. Williams (University of Aberdeen Medical School).
4. Altered Salience in Autism: Developmental Insights, Consequences, and Questions: Warren Jones (Yale University) and Ami Klin (Yale University).
5. Abnormalities in “Cultural Knowledge” in Autism Spectrum Disorders: A Link Between Behavior and Cognition?: Eva Loth (Cambridge University).
6. Building the Whole Beyond Its Parts: A Critical Examination of Current Theories of Integration Ability in Autism: Beatriz López (University of the West of England).
7. The Influence of Conceptual Knowledge on Perceptual Processing in Autism: Danielle Ropar (University of Nottingham), Peter Mitchell (University of Nottingham), and Elizabeth Sheppard (University of Nottingham).
8. Executive Functioning in Autism Spectrum Disorder: Where It Fits in the Causal Model: Elisabeth L. Hill (Goldsmiths, University of London).
Part II Clinical and Intervention Research.
9. How Young Children With Autism Treat Objects and People: Some Insights into Autism in Infancy From Research on Home Movies: Sandra Maestro (University of Pisa) and Filippo Muratori (University of Pisa).
10. Screening for Autism Spectrum Disorders in Primary School Aged Children: Joanna G. Williams (Cambridge University).
11. The Prosody–Language Relationship in Children With High-Functioning Autism: Joanne McCann (Queen Margaret University College, Edinburgh), Sue Peppé (Queen Margaret University College, Edinburgh), Fiona Gibbon (Queen Margaret University College, Edinburgh), Anne O’Hare (Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Edinburgh), and Marion Rutherford (Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Edinburgh).
12. Teaching Adults With Autism Spectrum Conditions to Recognize Emotions: Systematic Training for Empathizing Difficulties: Ofer Golan (Bar-Ilan University, Israel and Cambridge University) and Simon Baron-Cohen (Cambridge University).
13. Developing Social Interaction and Understanding in High-Functioning Individuals With Autism Spectrum Disorder: Aline-Wendy Dunlop (University of Strathclyde), Fiona Knott (University of Reading), and Tommy MacKay (University of Strathclyde).
14. Research Base for Intervention in Autism Spectrum Disorders: Glenys Jones (University of Birmingham) and Rita Jordan (University of Birmingham).
15. Stress in Parents of Children With Autism: Richard P. Hastings (University of Wales, Bangor).
16. Conclusion: Integrating Neurocognitive, Diagnostic, and Intervention Perspectives in Autism: Susan Leekam (University of Durham) and Evelyn McGregor (University of St Andrews).