Chapter 1: Getting to Know AutoCAD.
Chapter 2: Basic Commands to Get Started.
Chapter 3: Setting Up a Drawing.
Chapter 4: Gaining Drawing Strategies: Part 1.
Chapter 5: Gaining Drawing Strategies: Part 2.
Chapter 6: Using Layers to Organize Your Drawing.
Chapter 7: Grouping Objects into Blocks.
Chapter 8: Generating Elevations.
Chapter 9: Working with Hatches and Fills.
Chapter 10: Controlling Text in a Drawing.
Chapter 11: Dimensioning a Drawing.
Chapter 12: Managing External References.
Chapter 13: Using Layouts to Set Up a Print.
Chapter 14: Printing an AutoCAD Drawing.
Appendix A Look at Drawing in 3D.
- Find your way around AutoCAD and LT
- Understand the basic commands and how to set up a drawing
- Apply AutoCAD's coordinate systems
- Master drawing strategies
- Employ Polar and Object Snap Tracking
- Set up and manage layers, colors, and linetypes
- Use blocks and Wblocks
- Drag AutoCAD objects from one drawing to another
- Generate elevations and orthographic views
- Work with hatches and fills
- Control text in a drawing
- Manage external references
- Set up layouts and print an AutoCAD drawing
- Use AutoCAD's enhanced tool palettes
- Create and render a 3D model