DescriptionAutoCAD 2004 and AutoCAD LT 2004: No Experience Required is your step-by-step introduction to the latest versions of AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT, the industry-leading design and drafting programs used by architects, engineers, drafters, and design teams worldwide. Inside this perfectly-paced guide are the clear-cut explanations and practical, step-by-step tutorials that you need to create, develop, and complete even the most elaborate AutoCAD projects.
- Gain the Imperative AutoCAD Skills
- Finding your way around AutoCAD and LT
- Understanding basic commands
- Applying AutoCAD's coordinate systems
- Setting up a drawing
- Mastering drawing strategies
- Employing Polar and Object Snap Tracking
- Setting up layers, colors, and linetypes
- Using blocks and Wblocks
- Dragging AutoCAD objects from one drawing to another
- Generating elevations and orthographic views
- Working with hatches and fills
- Controlling text in a drawing
- Managing external references
- Setting up layouts and printing an AutoCAD drawing
- Using AutoCAD's tool palettes
- Creating and rendering a 3D model
- Setting up attributes
Chapter 1: Getting to Know AutoCAD.
Chapter 2: Basic Commands to Get Started.
Chapter 3: Setting Up a Drawing.
Chapter 4: Gaining Drawing Strategies: Part 1.
Chapter 5: Gaining Drawing Strategies: Part 2.
Chapter 6: Using Layers to Organize Your Drawing.
Chapter 7: Grouping Objects into Blocks.
Chapter 8: Generating Elevations.
Chapter 9: Working with Hatches and Fills.
Chapter 10: Controlling Text in a Drawing.
Chapter 11: Dimensioning a Drawing.
Chapter 12: Managing External References.
Chapter 13: Using Layouts to Set Up a Print.
Chapter 14: Printing an AutoCAD Drawing.
Appendix A: A Look at Drawing in 3D.
Appendix B: An Introduction to Attributes.